Previous Slipcover Work - Part II

From the previous point in the project it took me a year to come back to it. I resumed work on the slipcover in April of this year. :-)

I dug out my muslim pattern pieces and tried to remember what the different pieces were. Fortunately I did do a good job of marking them so I was able to figure out what everything was. I started planning my cutting by placing the pattern pieces on the fabric.
I sewed the pieces together as I cut them and pretty soon I had the back cushions and one armrest completely sewn up. I had purchased a few bundles of a coral pink trim at the same discount store that I bought the fabric at. I had no idea how much I would need so I just bought all I could find in the same color. It was also super discounted so I stocked up.
I put trim down the center back seam and used it to edge the front of the armrests. Ultimately the only other places that I put the trim on was on the two side gusset pieces and on the top of the skirt piece which goes all around the sofa. I had bunches of the trim left.
I think the trimming added a great touch. Here is a closer look at the armrest. At the top right, if you look close, you can see the trimming on the gusset piece.
Here I am measuring out a strip of fabric right on the couch to make the piece that covers the front board. If this had been a regular sofa as opposed to a sleeper, this piece would have covered the whole seat area.
I did a lot of pin fitting as I sewed the parts together. I’m sold on this technique. I think it saves a lot of time in the long run, though it is a bit tedious.
I had fun finally seeing the slipcover starting to take shape.