Knitting Progress

I am done with the Congenial Afghan. I have just a few more ends to weave in and then I’ll be finished. It turned out very nicely. This is the first time I used a double strand and such large needles. It certainly makes a difference in how fast it can knit up. Since the yarn is acrylic I really don’t even have to block it. As soon as it’s completely finished I will add it to our collection of afghans draped over the quilt rack in the living room for use on a chilly night.

x
(Click to enlarge)

I’m still working on the back piece of this little number.

blousepat2.gif

I will be working on this for a long while yet. The yarn is very fine and it takes a lot of knitting to progress a few inches. Still I look forward to working on it. Since the Congenial afghan is out of my hair I went looking to see which other of my ongoing projects I could resurrect and finish. I found this one.

x
(Click to enlarge)

I started this top-down sweater sometime around February of last year. I remember I had a few problems trying to figure out how to increase stitches while doing a seed stitch pattern for the main body. When I couldn’t figure it out easily, I put it away. Now that I examine it , it doesn’t seem like such a hard problem. It took me a while to figure out where I was in the pattern ( I need to learn to keep notes when I knit), but I soon was knitting along happily on it.

I’ve already made a trial sweater out of this pattern a few years ago.

sweater1.JPG

It was the first sweater I ever knit. I wear it in the house once in a while when it gets chilly. It was a good learning experience but the finished product is kind of ugly because I used some cheap rather unattractive yarn. I started my new version in some nicer yarn. I added the solid color detailing at the neck, which will be at the cuffs also. And I’m using a seed stitch instead of a plain stockinette stitch on the main body. I love the bright colors in this yarn. I’m sure I will like the new one much better.